The Green Infants tour
Welcome to The Green Infant School
Welcome to The Green Infant School. We are delighted to be able to share with you our vision and values to help you get a true flavour of our school. We are confident that you will find us a welcoming school – one where your child will flourish and realise their potential, whatever that potential might be. We value getting to know all our children. This means we have a better idea of what motivates them and what success should look like for them.
We are committed to providing our children with the very best opportunities and experiences, and we are proud of the relationships that we have with our children, parents and the community. In partnership, we want to provide an outstanding education for the children at The Green Infant School to ensure they are well equipped to be confident individuals, lifelong learners and good citizens.
At The Green Infant School we believe that all pupils have the ability to achieve wonderful things. Our aim is to ensure that our children are happy and enjoy their time at school. This is achieved by providing an environment where children feel safe to explore the new challenges and learning opportunities they encounter.
All our staff are passionate about making children happy, developing their confidence and inspiring them to be successful. This passion ensures that The Green Infant School is a vibrant and creative place to be. We aim to help develop creative children who are inspired learners, are considerate citizens, are independent thinkers, have curious and enquiring minds and are caring friends.
We care about every child in our school. Through our strong commitment to pastoral care we strive to ensure that we provide outstanding support for all of our pupils and families. The Green Infant School prides itself on supporting all children, regardless of their background or additional circumstances. We believe that a child’s potential should not be limited or pre-determined.
Our School also offers:
- Breakfast Club – “We also have a fantastic wraparound care to support those families requiring provision before school – to find out more click here” –
- After school clubs including Sports, Music, Cookery, Gardening and many more.
Flying High Partnership
The Flying High Trust is a partnership of schools across Nottinghamshire, Nottingham City and Derbyshire. Schools work together to ensure we are relentless in ensuring our children receive the best possible opportunities and experiences. This is achieved through a true collaboration where all decisions centre on children and schools are empowered to adopt best practice, adapt it within the context of each school and fly!
We aim for our schools to be the best in the universe!
By the end of their infant education we aim for all of our children to be ready for junior school and be inspired to be the best they can be through our seven values. The values are fundamental to everything the Trust represents; they run through all elements of school improvement and are understood and owned by all members of the school community.
As a Trust Partnership our expectation is that all schools:
- Demonstrate a restlessness to continually improve, to never stand still, with the ultimate aim of
providing the best opportunities and experiences for our children.
- Strive to ensure every child fulfils their potential regardless of potential barriers to learning.
- Commit to become an outstanding, self-improving school and to support the profession and
- development of all schools within the partnership.
- Commit to a school-led system.
- Commit to the values, principles, policies and procedures of the Trust.
- To ultimately strive to be the best school in the Universe.
In our schools you will see we work together to:
- Ensure schools feel connected to the Trust whilst maintaining their unique qualities, character and relationship with their community.
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Engage with our families and wider communities to raise aspiration for all.
- Develop the whole child and create inquisitive learners.
- Enable all children to be confident, building on strengths and improving in areas of need.
- Enable children to understand the part they play in the world in the future - as a positive citizen and a driver of business and enterprise.
- Support the development of all staff to be the best they can be and to realise their career potential.
What you need to know when applying for a place
- Before you apply for your child’s school place at The Green Infant School for September 2021, please make sure that your child is the right age – meaning they were born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 inclusive.
- If you apply online or using a paper form, you will be asked to pick four schools in order of preference.
- One of these schools should be your catchment school, although it does not have to be your top choice.
- The closing date for primary school applications in England is 15th January 2021.
- You will then find out whether your child has a place with us on 16th April 2021.
- You can find out more and apply online here https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/education/schools/school-places/apply-for-a-school-place.aspx
- The school’s catchment area is centred on South Normanton. However, we have always accepted pupils from outside the area. We are proud of our tradition of warmly welcoming pupils from outside South Normanton. All children are part of our family once they walk through our gates for the first time. If you live outside South Normanton and have any questions at all about how applying for a place with us might work, then do get in touch with the office.
If you would prefer to speak to someone, Derbyshire offer a phone service to complete the application on