Oak Class Year 1
WELCOME TO OAK CLASS
Teachers: Mrs Palmer and Mrs Heaton
Hello and welcome to Oak Class. There will be lots of photographs and information here to keep you in touch with what we’ve been up to in our class, so please remember to take a look every now and then.
We will be enjoying all sorts of learning indoors and outdoors, as well as fun things and adventures, this will be a great way to share them with your family and friends.
We hope you find the information here helpful. Don't forget to check our Class Dojo for regular updates about all the fun we are having whilst we are learning!
If you have any feedback or want to ask any questions, please feel free to phone or email school. Or speak to the teacher at the end of the school day.
We hope you have had a wonderful summer at home with your families and that you are ready and eager to come back to school. We are absolutely thrilled to have you back, and are very excited to get started on our learning for this term.
School does look a little different to what you've been used to. However, we have all been working extremely hard to make sure our classroom is safe, fun and ready for learning!
* Remember to bring in a water bottle everyday for your child.
* Your child should have their book bag with their reading books and planner in school every day.
* New Read, Write, Inc books will be sent out regularly (please keep these in your child's book bag). Your child can also choose a library book every Friday to take home and share with you (library books will need to be returned every Friday to enable your child to choose a new one to take home)
* Please bring your PE bag/kit into school. We will send the PE bags home to be washed at the end of each term.
* PE will take place on a Monday (with the class teacher) and a Wednesday (with a sports coach).
* PLEASE ensure school uniform, coats, PE kit/bag and water bottles are all clearly labelled with your child's name.
We believe that a love of reading is crucial to open doors for our children at The Green Infant School and we partner with parents and carers to give children the best start to their reading journey. Books are at the heart of our curriculum at The Green Infant School and children will be heard read and read to several times throughout the week.
Our expectation is that children will read at home on a regular basis (at least four times a week) with a parent/carer. This is recorded in the children’s planner. Regular reading will be rewarded with Dojo points!
Children will take home a Read Write Inc book which they have been reading in school and they should be able to read independently as well as a library book to share.