Elm Class - KS1
WELCOME TO ELM CLASS
Teacher: Miss Richards
Hello and welcome to Elm Class. There will be lots of photographs and information here to keep you in touch with what we’ve been up to in our class, so please remember to take a look every now and then. We will be enjoying all sorts of learning indoors and outdoors, as well as fun things and adventures, this will be a great way to share them with your family and friends.
We hope you find the information here helpful. Don't forget to check ClassDojo for regular updates about all the fun we are having whilst learning! If you have any feedback about our page, it would be great to hear from you.
- Please remember to bring in a water bottle with your child's name on it every day.
- Your child should have their book bag with their reading books and reading diaries in school every day.
- New Read Write Inc. books will be sent out regularly throughout the week. Your child will also choose a library book every Wednesday to take home and share with you (library books will need to be returned every Wednesday to enable your child to choose a new one to take home).
- Please ensure your child is wearing their PE kit every Wednesday.
- Please ensure school uniform, PE kit and water bottles are labelled with your child's name.
We believe that a love of reading is crucial to open doors for our children at The Green Infant School and we partner with parents and carers to give children the best start to their reading journey. Books are at the heart of our curriculum at The Green Infant School and children will be heard read and read to several times throughout the week.
Our expectation is that children will read at home x4 a week with a parent/carer. This is recorded in the children’s planner. Regular reading will be rewarded with Dojo points!
Children will take home x1 Read Write Inc book which they have been reading in school and they should be able to read independently as well as x1 picture book to share.
Each term children will receive a Home Learning Menu. There are lots of different optional activities to pick and choose from to last you the whole term. Once you have completed an activity, please upload it using a photo/video on your Class Dojo portfolio. Each activity is worth 2 Dojo points! As always, points mean prizes! Please find the menus on the Curriculum pages below.