Behaviour and Class Dojo
The green infant school is committed to encouraging the best standards of behaviour at all times, both within and outside of school (e.g. school trips). Our vision of being a school that ensures ‘Together We Grow’ should be evident through everything we do and in how we manage behaviour in the school.
Our primary aims are that every member of the school community feels valued and respected. Where everyone is treated fairly, in an environment where everyone feels happy, safe and valued. This policy encourages children to become positive, caring individuals, responsible for their own behaviour and increasingly independent members of the school community.
Our School Rules are as follows:
· Take care of ourselves.
· Take care of each other.
· Take care of our school.
· Always do our best
The Flying High Trust Values which we aspire to are:
At our school, we use ‘Class Dojo’, an online behaviour management system that fosters positive pupil behaviours and classroom culture. Children will earn ‘Dojo points’ based on their classroom conduct e.g. taking pride in their work, taking responsibility. The points are earned for demonstrating one of our Trust values in class and also for regular reading and completion of homework tasks.
Dojo Points and prizes:
These are awarded to children who earn a number of Dojo points in increments of 25; the children will receive a certificate and choose a prize. Children who earn 100 (bronze), 200 (silver), and 300 (gold) will earn a bronze, silver or gold badge and these are handed out in assembly.
The aims of our Behaviour policy are:
· To create an environment that encourages and reinforces good behaviour
· To define acceptable standards of behaviour
· To encourage consistency of response in dealing with behaviour
· To promote self-esteem, self-discipline and positive relationships
· To ensure that the school’s expectations and strategies are widely known and
· To encourage the involvement of both home and school in the implementation of this policy—see the Home School Agreement.